prep time: 15 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
nutrition: whole grains, fiber, potassium, healthy fat, no added sugar
Apple Carrot Muffins
Who doesn’t love a deliciously moist muffin? Our recipe makes for a quick wholesome breakfast or snack and freezes well, so you can create a big batch at once and save some for later. We’ve added carrots as a great source of vitamin A and K, and apples and bananas to naturally sweeten the muffins without any refined sugars. Using whole grain flour instead of bleached refined flour packs in a long list of nutrients like protein, fiber, B vitamins, antioxidants, iron, and magnesium. You can’t go wrong with these treats that taste incredibly indulgent, but are made with guilt-free, nutrient dense ingredients!
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 Yummy Spoonfuls Stage 1 Only Apple pouch
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup finely grated carrot (4 small carrots)
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and gently grease your muffin pan or use paper liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix contents of Yummy Spoonfuls Stage 1 Only Apple pouch, bananas, carrots, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet; gently combine as you don’t want to over mix.
- Transfer into the muffin pan using a spoon.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes if you are using a mini-muffin pan or 30 minutes for a regular muffin pan. Always check that the toothpick test comes up clean.
Note: In order to make these an easy finger food for your little one, we recommend using a mini muffin pan, but a regular muffin pan will do too!
No Refined Sugar