prep time: 10 minutes
servings: 8 large pancakes
nutrition: fiber, whole grains
Here is a quick delicious healthy pancake recipe that you and your family will want to make this Father’s Day! Imagine the look on their face when they wake up to this scrumptious plate.
Shh, you don’t have to tell Dad that the secret to these tasty pancakes is just ONE YummySpoonfuls Only pear organic pouch instead of sugar!
Start the morning off with a little family time! Get the kids together. Everyone is going to have their own little tasks from measuring to counting and everything in-between.
Now let’s make some pancakes!
2 pastured eggs
1 cup milk
1 pouch of Yummy Spoonfuls Stage 1 Only Pear
½ tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt (1/8 tsp)
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/4 cup flour
Oil for the griddle
- In a large bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk eggs, milk, Yummy Spoonfuls only pear pouch and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- If you want to go the extra mile and add natural colors, split the batter into 3 small bowls and let the kiddos have fun with a few drops of your favorite natural colors. (I used colors made from concentrated vegetables).
- Heat a large skillet (cast-iron is great) or griddle over medium heat.
- Ladle a ¼ cup of batter into the pan and cook until brown on the bottom – about 2-3 minutes depending on your temp. Flip and cook about 2 minutes more.
- Transfer pancakes to a plate and repeat steps until you cook all of the batter.
- Top with fruits and maple syrup.
Enjoy these guilt-free pancakes and celebrate!
Let us know how your pancakes turn out!
#YummySpoonfuls #GrowUpYummy #MadeWithYummySpoonfuls