prep time: 15 minutes
servings: 6 Popsicles
nutrition: potassium, healthy fat
Mango Popsicle Delight
Beat the summer heat with our popsicle concoction! We love the mango + greek yogurt combination because you’re getting potassium to rehydrate you as well as protein and healthy fat to keep you feeling satisfied and full! At Yummy Spoonfuls, we love to use seasonal produce to maximize the nutrition quality. Check it out!
4 ripe mangos, pitted and peeled (the riper, the sweeter)
1/2 cup milk divided
1/2 cup Vanilla Greek yogurt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (non-alcoholic if serving to kids)
- Place peeled mangoes roughly chopped into a blender with milk (set aside 3 tablespoons of the total milk). Blend for 1 minute or until smooth and creamy and set aside in a bowl.
- In another bowl whisk the yogurt, vanilla and 3 tablespoon milk (if your mango is not very ripe/sweet, you can add a dash of maple syrup to taste) and set aside.
- Fill popsicle molds with mango/milk puree and top off with yogurt. If you want to get extra fancy you can fill mold till they are about 25% full, then pour yogurt and alternate with mango and yogurt layer till the molds are 3/4’s full.
- Freeze popsicle overnight for best result
- To take out the popsicles, put the molds under hot water for 30 seconds and then pull. The popsicle should come out easily.
Let us know how your popsicles turn out!
#YummySpoonfuls #GrowUpYummy #MadeWithYummySpoonfuls