cook time: 20 minutes
servings: 1 dozen
nutrition: no sugar
Apple Carrot Muffin recipe
Here’s a tasty, nutritious, wholesome muffin recipe for your baby’s first Holiday season from Yummy Spoonfuls founder, Agatha Achindu. One of best ways to get a variety of nutrients from fruits and vegetables into your baby’s tummy is through baking. This baby food recipe contains apples, bananas and carrots — perfect for baby’s first wholesome holiday treat — and contains NO sugar. Agatha uses whole grain flour instead of bleached refined flour because it’s packed with nutrients (protein, fiber, B vitamins, antioxidants, iron, zinc, copper, and magnesium).
When making homemade baby food for your little one, Agatha recommends using organic ingredients. Baby’s first foods should include wholesome and nutritious options to create a lifelong love of healthy eating.
1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 YummySpoonfuls Only Apple pouch
3 very ripe bananas, mashed (1 cup)
1 cup finely grated carrot (4 small carrots)
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
2 eggs beaten
1 tsp vanilla
*In order to make easy finger foods for your baby, we recommend using the mini muffin pan. A regular muffin pan will do too!
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and gently grease your muffin pan or use paper liners.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, nutmeg and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, mix contents of Yummy Spoonfuls Only Apple pouch, bananas, carrots, oil, eggs, and vanilla.
4. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet; gently combine as you don’t want to over mix.
5. Transfer into the muffin pan using a spoon.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes if using a mini-muffin pan or 30 minutes for a regular muffin pan. Always check that the tooth pick test comes up clean.
Let us know how your muffins turn out! #YummySpoonfuls #GrowUpYummy #PairedWithYummySpoonfuls