Open until 12 am
Mon - Sun | 6 am - 12 am
aren’t available at a Walmart in this zip code.
We wanted to share this recipe with our Yummy Spoonfuls family because not only is this soup delicious but it’s also perfect for freezing. Soups are the best during the winter months because they’re an easy way to obtain a variety of vegetables, legumes and grains but also one of the best ways to warm up while indoors. The secret ingredient in this soup is a homemade broth, however, a low sodium organic store bought option works perfectly fine! In addition, we’re using two of our very own Yummy Spoonfuls organic Carrot Apple pouches which will add color and sweetness.
Nutritionally, this soup is packed with antioxidants, Vitamin C, Vitamin A and fiber. You can’t go wrong in offering to your family!
Now, lets cook!
– 2 heads cauliflower (florets, washed, strain)
– 1/3 cup olive oil
– 1 large onion (diced)
– 3 cloves garlic chopped
– 1 thump leeks (about 3 tablespoon chopped)
– 5 cups homemade broth (or 1 qt box organic store-bought broth)
– 2 Yummy Spoonfuls Stage 2 Organic Carrot Apple pouches
– Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Wash cauliflower florets, pat dry, toss with a tablespoon of olive oil
3. Arrange on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, bake in oven for 20 minutes
4. On the stovetop heat olive oil in a large pot on medium heat, sauté onion until translucent, about 5 minutes
5. Stir in garlic, leeks and continue sautéing for a minute more, add in your roasted cauliflower.
6. Pour in broth, simmer until all the vegetables are tender, about 30 minutes
7. Add in defrosted Yummy Spoonfuls pouches
8. Hold off on adding salt/pepper
9. Either with a hand held or counter top blender, blend until completely creamy
10. Remove an adequate portion to offer your baby (remember this is freezer friendly!)
11. Season to taste for the remaining soup and ENJOY with Italian breadsticks
12. Store leftovers in a freezer friendly container